How to send a bug report
Gorgias Templates works most of the time, but, like all software, there are still some bugs.
If you encounter a bug, we recommend sending us a bug report. Sending a report is easy and takes just a few steps, but it can save us hours of searching. Less time searching means more time finding a solution!
To report a bug in the Gorgias Template extension, follow these steps:
Step 1: Ensure that your software is up-to-date
Before sending us a bug report, ensure that you have the latest version of the Chrome Web Browser installed.
If you are using MacOS:
- Click "Chrome" in the top left corner of the screen, then click "About Google Chrome"
- Ensure that "Google Chrome is up to date" is displayed
- Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button (the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome)
- Mouse over "More tools"
- Click "Extensions"
- Find Gorgias in the extensions list
- Make a note of the Gorgias Templates extension version installed. Ensure that Gorgias Templates is enabled
- Using this link: https://chrome.google.com/webs..., ensure that your extension version matches the Gorgias Templates version in the Chrome Webstore
Next, ensure that Gorgias Chrome Extension is up-to-date:
How to force update the extension:
In the Google Chrome extensions list page, click the "Developer mode" box, then click "Update extensions now"
Nice Job! Your software is now up to date.
Step 2: Conflict with another extension
It's rare, but sometimes if Gorgias does not load it's because there is some other extension that is throwing errors and thus stops execution of Gorgias. To see it this is the case try disabling all other extensions and just leave Gorgias enabled. Refresh the page and try using Gorgias again. If it works, then enable the other extensions 1 by 1 to find which one is causing the trouble. If you identified it, please send us an email with the extension name and perhaps contact the authors of the troublesome extension as well.
If disabling the other extensions didn't work please follow the next step.
Step 3: Get as many details as possible about the issue
To help us figure out the issue you are encountering, we need to be able to reproduce the issue. In order to do this, we will need as much information as possible about the bug.
Here are a few steps you can take to help us find the issue:
- Visit this web page: http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ and send us the link that is generated in the input box at the top of the page
- If the bug you are encountering happens every time you try to use Gorgias (is a persistent bug), or if the bug only happens sometimes (is non-persistent), make note of when the bug occurs, how often, and any other information you think might help us out.
Step 4: Send us the information about the issue
Below is an example email that you can send to us at email@example.com with details about your issue:
Hello! I have a problem/issue/bug to report for Gorgias Templates on this website: https://gmail.com (change it to your website). I made sure that I have the latest versions of Google Chrome and Gorgias Template extension. Here are the steps I have taken to reproduce it: - Step 1 - Step 2 - ... What happened once I took the above steps: ... What I expected to happen: ... Here's my browser info: whatsmybrowser.org/b/123456 Here's the template (it's shortcut, title, body, etc..) in question: (if it's about a template). Thank you!